I wanted to post some pictures from Kyoto, now that I have the chance. It was a great trip and a lot of fun, although I wish I could have seen more of Kyoto. Although we used every day to its fullest to see the city, I could have stayed for a week longer and still not seen everything!
Beautiful Flowers

The view from Kiyomizu-dera -- you could see the whole of Kyoto!!!

Heian Temple

Everybody loves a Tori Gate

Random Shrine that I found while walking around Kyoto. There were beautiful statues here.

Kinkaku-zi -- The Golden Temple

Clouds; it's pretty self explanatory =]

Me and a couple of friends. Some of our friends had already left for JCMU, and others were off exploring this building and aren't in the picture.

We stumbled upon a Miyazaki Store!!

I think I'm really cool in the Imperial Gardens.

These are only a few of the hundreds of pictures I actually took in Kyoto, but I couldn't fit them all so this is the highlights. We visited bunches of temples and shrines, as well as getting in a little shopping and wandering around. We even spent the larger part of an evening looking for a Nepali Restaurant (which we didn't even find). All in all, the trip to Kyoto was a success.
I want to write another entry soon about my internship, which I just started this past week, so I hope to get that up when I can. I have a paper and an essay that are both due this week, as well as my regular classwork, so it will come eventually.
I can't wait. Only two more months!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures in this one!
ReplyDelete