Good morning / afternoon / evening!! (Depending on your time zone)
Sports Day was quite successful, although very very hot. It's been an exciting weekend, and I thought I'd post some pictures of how the day went and talk about what kinds of events they performed.
I got to school 7:30am, around the time I usually get there on workdays. There were already a lot of teachers there and preparation was in full swing. I tried to figure out if there was anything that I could do to help, but there wasn't much. I did what I could and then set out to talk to the kids and prepare to cheer.
 |
| This sign was made completely out of PET bottle caps. Pretty amazing! |
 |
| An empty field! Soon to be filled with students. |
The day started with the opening ceremonies, a few speeches, and exercises. There were seven teams, each consisting of a 1st year, 2nd year, and 3rd year class. The teams had colored bandanas to identify them. The events were all pre-organized and the teams knew where to line up and stand so that each event would follow the next one without (too much) chaos. The events include things like three-legged- races, relays, tug-o-war, ball tosses....
 |
| The opening stretches. Everyone did exercises together to stretch out their limbs. |
 |
| Tug-o-war! |
 |
| Ball Toss. The team with the most beanbags in the bucket by the end of the time limit won! |
AND THEN CAME THE DANCE!!!
All in all, it was a pretty awesome day. I don't know how the kids survived through that heat, but they worked super hard and did a really good job. The teams with the most points at the end of the day received awards and certificates. Regardless, everyone had a good time!
 |
| I am sporty in my sports day outfit! The shirt was an event shirt from last year that one of the teachers lent me for the day. I felt very cool and hip. |
 |
| Completely unrelated: Went to Nagahama for a BBQ and to see more of Lake Biwa. I <33 Shiga! |
No comments:
Post a Comment