I ride my bike to school every day. Along the way I see many of my students and kids who go to the local high school. I had been thinking that it would probably be a good idea to buy a helmet. I wanted to make sure that I make a good impression on the teachers that I work with and set a good example for all of the kids. When I went to buy a helmet all I could find were "kid helmets", but some of them were pretty big so I just got a non-sparkly one and called it a day.
When I arrived at school today a fellow teacher asked me curiously, "In America, adults wear helmets?"
"Huh?" I said. I was a little confused at what she was asking.
"Everyone wears helmets? When you bike?"
Apparently in Japan only the elementary school children wear bike helmets. Adults don't have to. That explains a lot.
^_^
sounds sooo much like something you would do!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are wearing a helmut. Ask Dr. Torchia!
ReplyDeleteThank you for wearing one. It surprises me that adults don't usually wear them in Japan. I'm stuck with my ideas from here but it makes me feel that you are much safer if you wear a helmet. I wear one:)