Thursday, September 10, 2009

A New Mission

So after walking down the halls at the dormitory the other night and smelling all of the delicious food people were cooking, Joelle and I decided to make a foray into cooking for ourselves. Tonight Joelle cooked herself a steak and I made noodles with butter and salt. This doesn't sound like that much of a feat, but consider how hard it is to find butter in Japan. Trust me, it's hard. I feel quite accomplished with my cooking prowess (sad, I know) and I am making a pact with myself to cook something new at least once a week. I may still eat a lot of instant noodles, crackers, and hard boiled eggs, but perhaps I can get myself into healthier habits.

So there you have it, folks. This is my resolution.


What stops me from cooking: the existence of such darned adorable food that I can just buy pre-made.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hungry just thinking about noodles and butter. Reithingers gave me a nifty apple cooker / onion soup cooker which is great. It cooks an apple in 5 minutes in the microwave. Put a little brown sugar in it and it's great with oatmeal. I'm working on the try a new recipe thing. I like once a week for the time frame. That's doable. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for This is me.