Here is a map that should give you an idea of where the town is located relative to the rest of Japan:

If you click on the picture it take you to a clearer view of the map.
I have not yet explored very far into the town, but I hope to do so later today. The schedule at JCMU is not very struenuous so far, only giving us one or two things to do per day. Once classes start it may become more hectic, but for now it seems like a prolonged vacation. The dorm rooms are really nice but I haven't allowed myself to settle in yet because if I receive a host family assignment I will move out on the 13th. Placements come out later today (Thursday) so I will find out soon where I will be staying the rest of the semester. My fingers are crossed that I get a nice family!! :)
enjoy reading your blog...it has made me look at Japan alot closer, using Google earth so I am learning about different islands and seas so thanks
ReplyDeleteaunt Karen
my fingers are crossed too. Hope you get a wonderful family!
ReplyDelete