So here is my long awaited entry... I guess it's not really long awaited because people aren't really hanging on to my every word, but I have long awaited writing this entry, so here it goes!
Starting off in July I went to visit my cousins, Uncle, and Grandmother in Santa Cruz. I am very glad I got to spend a few days with them because I don't see my family that often and it was nice just to spend time with them. We went kayaking, saw Harry Potter (Megan and I did, at least), went out to dinner and lunch various times, and just hung out together. Metta and Dad flew in on the final day that we were in Santa Cruz (with slight flight problems, so they were half a day later than previously anticipated) and we all went out to dinner before leaving the next morning for San Diego.
In San Diego we met up with Aunt Liz and Aunt Karen for San Diego's Comicon! I was expecting something similar to an anime convention, but it was completely different. I don't know which type of convention I would prefer, but I would definitely go to Comicon again, given the opportunity. I saw many television stars and had a blast exploring the convention center. I even got an autograph from Adam Baldwin!! A few of the lines were very very long, but even waiting in line was fun with my family :) We got to know the people in line around us, as well.
Also, while I was in San Diego Cat drove up and I got to hang out with her for the day. We went to Old Town, the Gas Light District, and Balboa Park. It was so nice to see her again. We had a ton of fun tearing up the town :) We found mochi icecream balls (sounds kinda strange, but it was SOO good!), an interesting Old Town reinactment, several flower gardens and museums, and some Michael Jackson-playing bicycle taxis. Sweet times :D
After staying in San Diego for the weekend I flew off to the Philippines. Visiting the Philippines and seeing Franchessca was fantastically fun! Being so far away from home was a very different experience for me, and I really enjoyed the climate and culture. Feebs' family was incredibly kind to me and I am so grateful that I was able to stay with them and get to know them. I hope they know how much I appreciate everything they did for me. I had a great time, and I hope that someday I can go back and visit again. Feebs and I hung out a lot, went to the mall called "SM" quite a few times, went to the market, visited the Church, saw Feebs' home, and much more.
I'm posting a link to pictures of these trips so if anyone is interested they will be available to view them.
Since being back in the states, I was also able to visit Belinda in Mansfield, Connecticut and see Geoffrey and Christina at Camp Island Lake. Both trips were lots of fun. In Connecticut Belinda and I took a tour around the University of Connecticut, played Duckpin Bowling (amazingly, I might add!), watched some sweet movies, went shopping, found Bubble Tea!!, and had some amazing 5am conversations. We also went out to dinner with Ducky's awesome family and I had delicious Italian food. Afterwards I hung with Stina and Geoff at Island Lake and brought them back for a day or two to explore the lovely green mountains.
That brings this blog up to date. Today we celebrated my Dad's birthday. It isn't officially until September 4th, but both Metta and I will be gone by then, so we celebrated today. Metta goes off to school tomorrow and I will continue my never-ending packing/organizing/studying ordeal that has been looming for a while.
As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to go and study some kanzi and watch some "Bones"!! I hope that everyone who is at school is having a great time! I miss you guys so much and I hope you will keep me posted on the going-ons in your lives and in Geneva.
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment